11 April 2011

Guac it up

I typically don't use dinner hosting sessions as an opportunity to try recipes I've never made before. After all, if it sucks, my stellar reputation as an entertainer is in jeopardy. But when I had a Mexican fiesta to host pals, I knew I had to take my Aunt's guacamole recipe for a spin. Not only does she have fantastic culinary taste, but I feel like guacamole is pretty hard to mess up, right?

My "adventure" paid off because it was absolutely delicious. The recipe makes a giant batch, so I thought we were going to have leftovers. This wouldn't have been a bad thing from a taste standpoint. But guac doesn't always maintain it's awesomeness the best. Regardless, I didn't have to worry about it because the six of us definitely polished it off. Impressive. This concoction has the perfect amount of kick to it, but I think I'll use spicy Rotel to dial it up a bit more next time. (There will be many more "next times" with this recipe!)

The stuffs to make it
4 very ripe avocados
1 small, well-drained can Rotel
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. cumin (I used a tad more, but not much)
8 oz. softened cream cheese (the softened part is important, just to make things easy)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup diced onion

How to make it
Mix the stuff up, dummy. Serve with tortilla chips. Easy peasy, guacomeasy. Huh?

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

Happy you enjoyed my guac and added it to your blog!

I'm blog impaired. How can I subscribe so I'll know when you add a new post?