17 January 2007

The Goblet of Cleanliness

So I'm a pretty random person in general, and the same can certainly said about my home decorating taste. I went to the Topeka Goodwill - I'm not sure why "Topeka" was a necessary adjective, but let's just pretend that it's important - and I purchased a powder pink "goblet" to place my dish brush in. It's pretty silly, really. But as it's essential to give almost everything a name, my roommate and I have dubbed it the Goblet of Cleanliness. (We won't talk about the other things my we give names to.)

Ironically enough, however, next to the Goblet of Cleanliness is the Sink O' Disgust. No, we're not dirty people. Nine days ago - yes, I'm counting - our sink clogged while we were being adorable people by cooking dinner. Being the productive people we are, we called our apartment's front office the next day to request that it be fixed. We were told it would be fixed in 24-48 hours. Pretty sure it's been eight freaking days, and the sink smells worse than my freshman year gym class. (There was a kid who looked like a neanderthal in said class and I'm fairly certain he practiced the neanderthal ways.) I'm not kidding about this vile smell. I have to hold my nose when I'm getting anything out of the fridge, which is why I rarely go into the kitchen anymore. And this is a problem.... because I like food. A lot.

And I won't even go into my problem with vomiting due to bad smells. (It happens more often than it should.)

That is all.

2 comments:

FUZZBUG said...

Yeah... so one night in college I got spit drunk. Wasn't gonna make it to the tiolet, so I puked in the sink... yea it clogged... yea, it was awhile before maintenance came... yes it was RANK.

Morel of the story, I can SO sympathize.

Dana said...

With your history of puking due to smells, I'm totally surprised you haven't added to the clog Ben-style!