10 January 2007

She made me do it!

No, she didn't make me love her. I already love her. But a co-worker (ok, she's a friend, too - at least by my standards) convinced me to begin blogging. What is blogging anyway? I mean, to be honest, it sounds dirty. Or maybe it just reminds me of poop... (log)? Turns out my thought processes are far from normal.

Anyway, I was thinking the other day, who the heck comes up with names for new models of cars? Honestly. The other day - see what I did there? I didn't know what day it was, so I just covered the bases with that phrase. I'm smart. - I saw a Ford Freestyle parked outside of my adorable apartment and thought to myself, "Really? That's all they could come up with? Why don't they just call it a Ford Frolic? Or a Ford Flamingly Stupid Name?" After this encounter, I decided to make it a point to notice other stupid car model names. Here are some of my favorites - and by "my favorites", I mean "the dumbest car names ever":
  • Ford Shelby - Why you gotta choose Shelby? Maybe it should be "Ford Shut the Hell Up."
  • Ford Taurus - We all know Aquarius is the superior astrological sign, here.
  • Chrysler Crossfire - Wasn't this a game I played when I was a wee lass? Yes. Yes it was:
  • http://www.farscapegames.co.uk/ishop/images/1003/crossfire.jpg
  • Kia Amanti - Are you sure you don't mean Kia Ashanti?
  • Toyota Scion - It sounds like Scoliosis. I'm not buying this car if it means I'm going to get scoliosis.

Done and done.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Two things. One: YES! You are now officially a blogger. Not only can you write dirty things on the wall at work, you can write them on your blog and I can snicker at them. Two: don't diss the name Shelby. Shelby is the name of one of the most awesome dogs on this planet. But it's cool, she can't read, and I won't tell her.