04 August 2009

Too far?

Sometimes, that's where I take things.

This evening I enjoyed the bi-monthly ... sometimes more ... company of some of my family members at dinner. While taking a gander at the extensive menu, I hollered across the table to my Dad to tell him that the Reuben Panini was pretty darn tasty. My stepmom interjected, with a very confused tone I might add, "A reuben-tini?" And thus my imagination flourished.

Ah yes. The reuben-tini. For those of us who don't get enough salt from a dirty martini, the reuben-tini employs the flawless combination of corned beef and sauerkraut - pureed to perfection. Sauerkraut is sprinkled on top, for aesthetic- and texture-purposes, of course. The beverage is finished with a Thousand Island dressing-rimmed glass.

And that, my friends, is taking things "too far." Feel free to vomit now.

No comments: