11 April 2008

Don't go. Stay!

An attempt to pay homage to a great coworker and friend, Dana, whose last day is today. These are just some of the many things I will miss about her:

1.) My lefty neighbor at Ladies Who Lunch
2.) Her random contributions to the day's Hot Topic
3.) Her lovable affinity for jingles
4.) Hearing her literally laugh out loud when we're chatting about inappropriate things on IM
5.) Her freaking toaster that makes my morning Pop Tarts warm with sugary bliss
6.) Her cute socks that peak above her boots
7.) Dana-isms
8.) My faithful, spontaneous lunch-hour shopping buddy
9.) Her "baby toosh" scent
10.) Her constant search to incorporate "My Humps" lyrics into copy
11.) Her reports about her addictions ... to online shopping and chocolate
12.) Her excitement after winning a game of Free Cell
13.) She's the worst shopping enabler I know ... good for my closet, bad for my bank account
14.) Our almost-but-not-quite eerie similar-ness (nis?)
15.) Her genuine offers to help and listen
16.) Her good advice
17.) Her inner band nerd ... we share that trait
18.) Her dog whisperer tendencies


I will miss so much about you, Babier. I know we'll still see each other. We'll still hang out. We'll still spend money together on unneeded shopping binges. Maybe we'll get to drink more wine together since our time spent together will be outside of the office. Because we're friends. But I'll sure miss being able to walk over to your cube and waste 45 minutes talking about nothing ... among other things. Love!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I just managed to laugh and cry at the same time. But no worries - the ugly cry will come later today. (Although hopefully in my car where nobody will see me!)

I will miss you SO MUCH. SO SO SO MUCH. If you don't stay in touch and drink wine with me, I will hunt you down!