23 January 2009

I'm a simple girl

I've noticed lately, that when I'm corresponding with people I haven't spoken to or seen in a while, and they ask me how I'm doing, what I'm up to, etc., my response is always the same: "I'm a simple girl."

See, it used to be, "Oh, nothing. I'm boring." But then I realized that response told people I was unhappy. I mean, being bored with life is not a good thing. So I changed my response to simplicity, to exude happiness. Because I'm happy. Extremely. But let's be honest, my simplicity is still boring to hear about.

So I've decided I need to take up a hobby. Other than reading - because rarely can I find someone to talk to about books. Here are some options I came up with:

• Become a connoisseur of something. I choose soup.

• Raise sea otters. Because if you can see this picture without melting, we're not friends:

Photobucket
• Start collecting spoons again. (Yes, I said again. And I'm not talking about those tiny souvenir spoons. Ones from restaurants. Ok, instead of "collecting" I guess I meant "steal." Start stealing spoons again.)

• Use Dance Dance Revolution as a form of exercise regularly. (Oh wait. I've already started down this course.)

• Learn to play the recorder. With my nose.

• Start a tribe of Sea Monkeys.

• Join the Renaissance Festival. I think I'll start at the wax-dipping station. So I can make fun of the obligatory awkward high school-aged couple who hold hands for their wax hand sculpture.

I think this is a good start. I'm just picturing talking to family during the holidays about my collection of 128 sea monkeys and then serenading them with my nasal recorder skills.

Any more suggestions?

No comments: