07 January 2009

Martha Stewart?

So I was just stumbling through the internets, and I found a "Did you know..." page. It holds the secrets to life's simplest, yet annoying, dilemmas. Ice on the steps? Pour warm water with Dawn soap in it, and they won't freeze over again. Need to get some wax off the edges of a used candle to reuse the glass holder? Put it in the freezer for a few hours and then hold it upside down. I'm not going to lie, there are some pretty snazzy hints here. There are some, however, that beg to be addressed. Here goes ...

"To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the flowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and leave your artificial flowers looking like new! Works like a charm!"

Molly's Resolution: How about you don't buy artificial flowers at all?

"When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness."

Molly's Resolution: Don't tell me what to do.

"Use air-freshener to clean mirrors. It does a good job and better still, leaves a lovely smell to the shine."

Molly's Resolution: Actually, this is so dumb, I don't even think I can dignify a response.

"A sealed envelope - Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed."

Molly's Resolution: Tell me why I want to reseal an envelope when someone else has already licked it.

"Crayon marks on walls? This worked wonderfully! A damp rag, dipped in baking soda. Comes off with little effort (elbow grease that is!)"


Molly's Resolution: Baking soda may work wonders. Let's just clarify who should be doing the cleaning. Not you. The offender. I don't care if he can't talk yet. Put that kid to work.

"Whenever I purchase a box of S.O.S Pads, I immediately take a pair of scissors and cut each pad into halves. After years of having to throw away rusted and unused and smelly pads, I finally decided that this would be much more economical. Now a box of SOS pads last me indefinitely!"

Molly's Resolution: What the F is an SOS Pad? And by the way, if you ever use the phrase "smelly pads" in a sentence ever again, I'm hunting you down and cutting off your left ring finger so you can't type the letter "s" anymore. (Or "x". Take that!)

No comments: