15 April 2009

Petition

Dear Hershey's,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but your Reese's Peanut Butter Egg product is an absolute thing of greatness. Plain and simple, the ratio of peanut butter to chocolate is highly superior to the original peanut butter cup making for a near-perfect and certainly euphoric candy experience.

I also must tell you that your follow-up attempts to ride on the coat tails of PB egg bliss are commendable. Some of the imitations are better than others but all are close enough to lead up to the joyful PB egg season, culminating in pure awesomeness. (I'm on my second bag, thanks.)

But what are we to do when egg season has passed? This oversight has me especially disgruntled this year because I very regrettably let it slip my mind to race to the nearest convenience store in search of Easter candy discounts. As it is now the third day after Easter, and with past experience of course, I am fully aware of the likelihood - slim - that I will score anymore PB eggs. After all, I'm not the only one who loves them. (There are multiple pages on Facebook dedicated to their honor. All the proof you need, obvi.)

Peanut-Butter-Cup-turned-holiday-shapes season starts in October. Then we have all of November to enjoy our pumpkins. December brings us trees. February hearts and then finally eggs. But from April to October, we are forced to either ration our supplies - unlikely - or suffer through the cravings. Not fair.

So I'm proposing you at least do us the justice of creating another PB cup shape. A star on the Fourth of July would make the most sense, but I don't care what you do, honestly. Just do it, Hershey's. Make it happen. A flag on Flag Day? Sure why not. It may just be a rectangle, but as long as the PB/chocolate ratio's spot on, I won't complain. A maple leaf on Canada Day? Sign me up. For all I care, you can have a carrot-shaped PB cup for National Eat Your Vegetables Day in June. I just need a fix, and I need it now.


Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. Your attention to this matter will likely result in an ease-up of the fierce grudge I've held against you for ridding the Jolly Rancher assorted mix bags of lemon-flavored goodness. Think about it. (Now.)

3 comments:

Dana said...

I would like to sign your petition. Yes, yes I would.

I would also like to start a petition for Cadbury products. Let's find a way to sell Cadbury Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs in some shape or form more than once a year, please.

Leslie G said...

I'll sign. I could eat a whole bag of them in one sitting. Just sayin.'

Anonymous said...

if you thought the peanut butter egg was good...the Reester Bunny is pure bliss!