05 March 2008

Life's a beach

I've just done something for the first time in my life. While running my two-to-thrice weekly 2+ miles, I search for something to take my mind off my oxygen-constricted, asthma-ridden lungs. After recently booking a cruise to the Bahamas planned for May, this trip takes up a good chunk of my daydreaming itinerary. So recently I've found myself scheming my beach and buffet-eating time has aided in making my exercise regimen a breeze.

So what did I do that I've not done before? I packed my suitcase more than 24 hours in advance of a trip. In fact, it was two months and seven days in advance. See, something about me is that I absolutely loathe packing. In its peak, I tried to dissect the root of this hatred. While I realized an undertone of it most likely stemmed from the fact that I packed a bag every other weekend from the age of four on, I think generally it's just one of those things I've always - and will always - dislike for no supported reason.

So it's kind of a big deal that I mentally perused my closet and "threw" clothing, swimsuits and accessories into my turquoise and brown suitcase. Oh ... and I still haven't packed for my trip to St. Louis. I'm leaving tomorrow.

No comments: