21 May 2008

Negative Nancy vs. Positive Patty

Things kinda suck right now, I'll be honest. But you know what doesn't suck? A good date.

Something about me is that I'm not good at hiding my emotions. So when things get downright crappy at work, it takes its toll at home as well. But last night the boyfriend and I attempted to get away from said crappiness. (You'd think being in the Bahamas on a cruise for a week last week would trump it. You'd think wrong.)

Initially we planned on either going to a movie, or renting one and baking cookies or brownies. As incessant crying hampers my appetite - no small feat, may I add ... making me cry OR making me not want to eat - I opted out of the baking option. Theater it is. While we had originally planned on finding something to eat at home, I had developed a craving for Buffalo Wild Wings ... no idea where it came from. But since things suck right now, I get my way. (Hi, I'm a brat. Nice to meet you.)

It was seriously de-freaking-licious. We don't have a BWW close to us, so it doesn't come up on our dinner-option radar often. But sometimes we think of it on Thursdays because of 50 cent boneless wings. I don't think I'll ever go back on a Thursday ... while it's still awesome, I've now found the non-boneless promo nights are amazing. Four spicy garlic, four medium ... all dipped in bleu cheese goodness ... for half an hour, my worries were sent soaring.

Looks like I'll have to eat Buffalo Wild Wings for at least a week. My life is so hard.

3 comments:

loudandbald said...

How about Humdrum Helen?

Nevermind. That's just stupid.

You know, BWW is the wildest of the grease-meats.

Dana said...

You guys should come out to the one in Independece sometime and meet us there!
P.S. I like fried mushrooms with ranch.

Mrs. West said...

BWW really will chase the blues away. What is it about chicken wings? OH! And the mini corn dogs... now I have the bug.