26 August 2008

Loud and proud

I don't care what the proverbial people say. Graphic t-shirts are not "so yesterday." Let's be honest, some of them are hilarious. And who doesn't like to laugh? They're also a good way to make fun of people without them knowing, which is always a good time. Case in point:

Photobucket

This shirt embodies a phenomenon I just don't understand. We all know people who incessantly claim to have listened to bands before they got "big." Or refuse to "like" a band that has songs playing on the radio. (And they'll have a pocket of excuses for why that music is on their iPod.) Those friends who think they love a famous person more because they knew about them first. Yeah, I get the inherent need for some people to show they didn't just jump on the bandwagon. And I'm certainly not claiming to be guilt-free of these one-upping actions. Just last night I was watching The Newsies and without even realizing, thought to myself, "Man ... I loved Christian Bale before most people knew about him." Dumb.

So the moral of the blog is ... mock the people you know who do this. It's good for them. And fun for you.

1 comment:

FUZZBUG said...

A-Men!

And I love Threadless too! ;-)