06 August 2008

Wishful thinking

Hello. Not-so-blogging Molly here. I just want to update you on a decision I've made. A very important decision. I've finally determined what my "one wish" is. You know ... the wish you get from the One Wish Genie? Yeah, that one. Listen, I'm putting all "peace for mankind" and "end homelessness" aside. Those are far too noble for moi. Can we just assume that I'm not the jerk who chooses to ignore the worldly woes for her own selfish "issues"? I say we just adopt a theoretical situation that all countries are at peace and everyone gets along. Like frosting on a Ritz cracker ... strangly harmonious. (Don't believe me? Just try it. I defy you to do so and not think it's amazing.)

So let's get to it. My one wish is to feel well-rested. Every night. No matter the circumstances. Just pondering the potential improvements makes me want to begin a 9 p.m. bedtime regimen ... starting tonight. (Yeah, right.)

I'd save money, only guzzling coffee when I crave it instead of virtually demanding an IV of the caffeinated stuff like now.

I'd be bright and bushy tailed, whatever that means, even if I stayed up a little late to make cupcakes or do completely unnecessary crafts. (It's been known to happen.)

It would make drinking two glasses of wine a lot easier. Not that I'd make a habit of it. But some nights, you just need two glasses of wine. If you don't know where I'm coming from, I want your job.

So yes, the basis of this "one wish" is for Molly ... uh huh, selfish. But if you really think about it, this is for the greater good for those around me as well. I mean, the "stink eye" would make fewer appearances. Motivation and productivity would see massive improvement. And let's face it, I'm a pretty fun person when I get enough sleep. So the world would just be an all-around merrier place. Who doesn't want that? No one. That's who.

No comments: