29 January 2010

Wrong (stomach) turn

Let me tell you about how a wrong turn transformed into a stomach turn (times 50.)

Headed to lunch, we were all set to cruise to Long John Silvers for J. (Undecided location for me. I don't do LJS.) Upon exiting the parking lot, pure instinct took over - J turned right instead of left. (Enter: wrong turn.) In lieu of correcting our directional mistake, we went somewhere in the River Market. The stomach-turning culprit? Winslow's BBQ.

I initially intended to type out the entire "bad restaurant experience" ... but it was getting long and boring to type. To read? Worse.

Long and boring story turned short and boring story ... the people behind us in line, sitting in a booth next to us while waiting for lunch, got our food. J was sure of it and went to retrieve the food after they shortly realized it wasn't theirs upon examining the ticket. I asked J if they had touched the food at all ... he was certain they hadn't.

Chew chew chew, nom nom nom. Second half of sandwich, J says, "Is that gum?!" while pointing to his food tray. I say, "That's not yours?!" Yeah. The people who initially got our order had put their chewed gum on the tray and still let J take it! (Enter: stomach turn.)

Appetite? Gone. J got refunded for his meal, but I certainly stopped eating mine even though the gum wasn't resting its sticky laurels on my tray. The food was awful to begin with.

Ew, my tum tum is still unsettled.

No comments: